Luci Solar Lantern is more than just a cool tiny house gadget. The company was started for a higher purpose than purely to offer cool and convenient lighting. Luci Lanterns were also developed with the consideration of developing countries without electricity. As an example of the company’s philanthropic mission, this month the company is helping the people of Nepal with their lighting needs.
There are plenty of selfish reasons to love the product as well. In addition to looking really unique and “techy,” it also provides the following benefits.
- It’s inflatable so stays very compact
- It’s lightweight and easy to carry or store
- It’s solar, so no electricity expenses
- The lantern will last 12 hours on one charge
- No environmentally damaging materials used like with traditional bulbs
- Waterproof and great for outdoor use
The product is so popular that they company has sold out of most of their product line!
Fortunately, you can still find it on Amazon right now.
The alternatives that you’ll find out there are more geared towards camping. While they’ll function as well as the Luci Lantern, they won’t look quite as nice for every day use in your tiny house. You can see the two best alternative LED solar lanterns below.